What Should I Do If My File Won't Open?
If you have trouble opening a file on Plottr for desktop, or see a blank screen when trying to open it, please follow these instructions to retrieve a backup from the Account Dashboard:
- Open Plottr on Desktop
- Click the User Icon > Account > Backups
- Select the Backups section and you'll see a number of dated folders
- Open a folder for a particular date – for each file you opened on that date, you'll see two backups: one beginning "Session start", which is a copy of the state of the file when you started working on it that day, and another backup which is a copy of the state of the file when you finished working on it that day
- Click the backup you want to retrieve and a folder will open with the file selected
- Copy and paste this file to another folder on your computer before opening it (we do not recommend opening and editing backups directly)
- Open the file and check that it contains the data you're looking for – if so, you can continue working using this file!