What Should I Do If My File Won't Open?
If you have trouble opening a file on Plottr for desktop, or see a blank screen when trying to open it, please follow these instructions to retrieve a backup from the Account Dashboard:
- Open Plottr on Desktop
- Click Dashboard > Account > Backups
- Select the Backups section and you'll see a number of dated folders
- Open a folder for a particular date – for each file you opened on that date, you'll see two backups: one beginning "Session start", which is a copy of the state of the file when you started working on it that day, and another backup which is a copy of the state of the file when you finished working on it that day
- Click the backup you want to retrieve and a folder will open with the file selected
- Copy and paste this file to another folder on your computer before opening it (we do not recommend opening and editing backups directly)
- Open the file and check that it contains the data you're looking for – if so, you can continue working using this file!
You can also learn more about the Backups section and about managing your Backups settings.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us via support.